Overview: Artist and Author sign-ups open Friday, November 15th. Artists must submit at least one piece of art by Sunday, January 12th. This may feature any pairing (or no pairing) so long as it is either hockey themed or features a hockey player. For this challenge, crossovers are not allowed. The art will be posted anonymously, at which point authors can claim a piece. Authors will write a fic (minimum of 5,000 words) based on the art they choose.
Friday, November 15th: Artist and Author sign-ups open
Sunday, December 1st: Artist Sign Ups close
Friday, December 20th: Artist check in
Sunday, January 5th: Artist check in, mandatory
Sunday, January 12th: Artists’ works are due
Saturday, January 18th: Art Claims
Saturday, January 25th: Reveal of Artist/Author Matchups
Friday, February 7th:Author Check in
Sunday, February 23rd: Author Check in, mandatory
Sunday, March 2nd: Stories due
Friday, March 7th Posting Schedule goes up
Sunday, March 16th: Posting begins
Rules for Artists:
- You should create at least one new piece of art: a drawing, painting, digital manip, fanmix, podfic or fanvid. Art must be at least 500 by 600 pixels in size, videos must be at least one minute in length. For fanmixes the minimum track count is 8 and the cover art should be at least 500 by 500 pixels in size. Podfics must be minimum two minutes in lenght. You must submit this piece by Sunday, January 12th, and it may may be a work in progress, a draft, or a finished product. You may submit up to two separate pieces for this challenge.
- You may not submit art for this challenge that has already been posted elsewhere.
- This challenge is open to all pairings and genres, so long as it is hockey themed or features a hockey player. Artists may choose to specify what pairings (if any) they envision in the story, as well as submit a short text description of their piece or few keywords to go along with their art (optional).
- We will have a post for Art Beta volunteers for artists to contact directly, but having your artwork looked over by a Beta is not required.
Rules for the Authors:
- Authors must write a fic with a minimum of 5,000 words, based on the art you choose in the Art Claims post. Claims will be first come, first serve. Your fic must be related to the art for which it is written, and it cannot have been already posted elsewhere.
- The fics must be beta read, and we will have a post for Fic Beta volunteers available for authors to contact directly.
Art Submission Guidelines:
Art submissions should be sent to the community mod email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, April 29th. Artists may submit up to two pieces of art for claiming in this challenge. There is no maximum size or dimensions for art, though each art piece must be at least 500 by 600 pixels. If it is a vid it must be at least 1 minute in length. Art that is submitted should not be posted publicly before claims take place.
Art submissions may be works in progress, drafts, or finished products. More details on the art submission process will be posted to the community, so please be sure to join and watch the community for updates.
The Claims Process:
Art claims will officially begin on Saturday, January 18th, though the post will be up 24 hours beforehand so that writers may take a look at all the art before actual claiming starts. The claims post will contain thumbnail previews that link to the full size version of the art and will be accompanied by an optional text description of the subject. All art will be posted anonymously, and claims will be first come, first serve.
The Claims Post(s) will be members-locked, so please be sure to join and watch the community in order to participate.
Everyone who wishes to participate MUST join and watch the community, to ensure they do not miss important deadlines or updates to the challenge.
If you have any questions, please comment here.